Oily skin looks thick, greasy and shiny. It makes the skin color dull. Your skin can be oily due to your diet habits, genetically or due to medical problems. You can prevent the oily skin from being oily by preventing the reason that causes it.
Oily skin causes further problems, if not taken care on time. Oily skin is prone to acne, pimples and blackheads.
Take care of following things to prevent oily skin from being oily:
- Don’t take diets that are rich with oil content.
- Don’t take fried food, fast food etc. Avoid taking outside food as home cooked food is best for health.
- Drink more & more water. Rather than drinking a lot of water at a time, it’s better is to take small intakes at multiple times.
- Wash your face 3 to 4 times in a day with fresh water. And mainly when you feel too much oil on face. Excessive washing of face is not suggested. Don’t rub your face with towel after washing it. Only pat it dry with soft towel.
- Wash the face with good scrub (made for oily skin) at least once in a day. Better to wash it before going into bed at night.
- All products, like soap, face wash, scrub, moisturizer etc should be used that are specially recommended for oily skin only.
- Avoid to apply oil on hairs near to the facial skin. Better to apply oil as less as possible to hair because that too will add oiliness to your skin.
- Try to not touch your face too much, specially when your hands are oily.
- Visit the skin care parlor for getting skin / face cleansing once in a month.
Stay tuned for more tips for getting rid of oily skin!