Is your skin bothering you! Here are few secrets that one should know about your skincare.
From pigmentation to blemishes, acne to scars and pimples to freckles — women suffer from a plethora of skin woes and will not think twice about trying out a new skin lotion or pimple busting cream. Only a handful of women are blessed with flawless skin and if you don’t belong to that lucky group, help is at hand. Here’s what you need to do.
– Squander on the sunscreen: Do you wear sunscreen every single day of the year? Chances are that most women will reply in the negative. Wearing sunscreen means you’re protecting your face and arms from the onslaught of harmful UV rays that can silently wreak havoc on your skin. Use a sunscreen which has an SPF of 30, that is ideal for the climate.
– Foray your kitchen: The kitchen is literally a treasure trove of skin secrets. Beautiful skin comes from within, so what you eat is very important when it comes to the health of your skin. Fresh fruits and vegetables are an absolute must if you want skin that glows. And this doesn’t have to be a ‘phase’, it has to be an ongoing effort. Make your that your daily diet has a generous helping of fruits and veges and see what a difference it makes to your skin.
– Hydrate yourself: Beauty experts may have gone blue in the face telling you to drink enough water but unfortunately many women don’t seem to heed this precious piece of advice. Dehydration can cause your skin to get dry and flaky, giving you that stretched feeling. Always keep a bottle handy and keep sipping on water even if you aren’t thirty. Set a reminder if you have to!
– Don’t overwash your face: In an attempt to cleanse the skin thoroughly, many women go overboard and wash their face (sometimes too rigorously) multiple times a day. This, say experts, is a big no-no and will only damage your skin in the long run. Twice a day is sufficient enough in removing the dust, grime and makeup of the day.
– Have a yearly check-up: After the age of 30, every woman must go for an annual cervical, ovarian and breast exam, apart from a blood sugar level test.