Lemon Thyme or अजवायन(Ajvain) is the most common herb present in every household. Lemon Thyme is having a whiff that holds a person and refreshes the mind. Lemon thyme skin benefits are obvious as it has been in use since our ancestors. Thymol, the constituent of thyme is a strong antiseptic. It’s warm and toning effect on skin helps in improving blood circulation and thus gives a glowing and unblemished skin tone.
Here are the lemon thyme skin benefits:
• Soothes and Conditions Skin: Thyme essential oil and tincture when used in diluted form are effective for treating eczema. Don’t use on oversensitive skin or on infants under 2 year age.
• Improves Skin tenor: As mentioned above, the Diluted thyme oil or tincture has invigorating and toning effect on the circulatory system, thus it helps to brighten the complexion. The damage against the free-radical is protected by Antioxidant phenols and flavonoids.
• One of the Best for Acne treatment: It has been proved that thyme tincture is better medicinal than benzoyl peroxide, the active ingredient in most anti-acne creams or washes, at killing the bacterium that causes acne (propionibacterium acnes) by infecting skin pores and forming spots, whiteheads and pimples.
• Antiseptic: Since ancient times, thyme has been used in baths to treat infections, boils and sores. It is pertinent to mention here that the antiseptic properties of thyme oil helps to eliminate body and head lice; scabies and can be effective against Candida albicans as well as fungal nail infections and athlete’s foot. It is adviced to use diluted thyme oil for infections, boils and sores.
• Conditions Hair and Scalp: When used with hair rinses and scalp treatments, thyme oil or tincture can assist in clearing conditions like dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
• Eases Pains and Aches: The oil mixed into a warming cream and lotion, is wonderful for rubbing into aching joints and muscles. This also helps in giving relieve from knee joint pains.
• Stress reliever: A massage mix made with thyme oil brings ease from anxiety, stress or low-feeling and promotes relaxing sleep.