The best way to compare the hair is think of a garden. How well they grow depends upon what is happening underground. So, like garden a cycle of production is to be followed else the hair loss occurs. The things that interfere in this cycle are-medication, illness, infection and chemicals.
People lose hair anywhere from 50 to 100 strands each day normally and up to 250 strands, when hair are washed. But don’t avoid washing in an attempt to keep the hair, as it will fall out eventually, anyway. Few causes to list for hair loss are-
- Genetic: A back trace into your paternal and maternal history can give you a clear picture of the future of your hair. Just ask your parents of the hair-history of your family. If your aunt/uncle, grant-parents or great grand parents had the problem of hair loss early in their life, then it be 50 % chances that you too may suffer from hair loss at an early stage.
- Medical Conditions: If the hair follicle are uniform in size or hair loss is all of a sudden, then there are reasons other than hereditary ones.Probably, this is due to medical reasons. A few to list are pregnancy, anemia, thyroid, hormonal imbalance etc.
- Psychological Reasons: Other possible reasons may be due to mind psychology- stress, anxiety, physical trauma or dramatic weight loss in shot span of time.
- Misc.: Large intake of Vitamin A, Hair Style that give huge stress on hair roots etc.
Now lets discuss some homemade remedies for prevention of hair loss
- Hair scalp needs proper oil and massage. So, make it your routine to massage your scalp with a mineral-rich oil that could provide adequate minerals to the hair-garden. A few good oils to be mentioned are-Olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil,caster oil, Indian gooseberry oil etc.
- Use Indian Gooseberry(AMLA). The Gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C, whose shortage in body causes hair loss. Therefore mix one tbsp of Gooseberry pulp and lemon juice and rinse your scalp with it. Let it settle down for few hours and then shampoo your hair. It’s also recommended to include the Gooseberry in your diet, if possible.
- Onion Juice is also known for its hair-loss prevention properties. The sulfur content of onion helps to improve blood circulation to the hair follicles thus preventing hair-loss. The anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties of onion also helps for protecting hair scalp from various hair infections. A basic method for applying onion juice on hair:
- Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
- Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
- Aloe Vera, the natural and mother of all herbs, is the best herb that promotes hair growth. The alkaline properties of aloe vera brings the PH level at optimum level and helps in hair growth. Regular use can also relieve scalp itching, reduce scalp redness and inflammation, add strength and luster to hair, and alleviate dandruff. Both aloe vera gel and juice will work. Aloe Vera Juice can also be taken empty stomach in the morning.
- Apply aloe vera gel or juice onto the scalp.
- Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process three to four times a week.
Stay tuned for more beauty tips!